Help. Aticles in Pinned thread not working.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperGirl117

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought an Anubis Nana and another plant but have no idea how to do it. There is no where that I can find that gives me step by step instructions on what to do. I already put them in my tank since I don't want to kill them. (The tank is cycled) it is a 5 gallon with a 10 gallon filter (don't remember brand) with a male betta and a mystery snail. No heater, its in my kitchen and according to my thermometer it stays around 76-78. (Getting heaters in a few weeks, Bought a sick betta instead of my list.) No light. Gets indirect light all day, I keep the window open.

I put them in the gravel and don't know what to do now. I have looked up trying to figure it out but there is "low-tech tanks" that say nothing about CO2 ETC. Really would like help.

Will put pictures up in 3 hours when I "wake up" for the day.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Will it mess with my parameters?

Anubas does not need to be planted in the ground, it grows on rocks and things like driftwood. They won't mess up your water parameters, if anything, they will make them better, but not enough to make the water nitrate free.

Sent via echolocation

That's OK with me. Definitely not expecting anything crazy to happen. Just testing the waters.

Pun intended

If it were any other plant it might have trouble but Anubias is fine in very low light. It's a slow grower so don't expect to see new leaves tommorow.

Like the others said don't plant it just tie it down to something using aquarium safe glue, rubber band, or string.

Caleb

How will Iong should I expect to wait? Signs of life?

Good. The first has roots(?) And a tiny set of leaves but then second one has a variety of colors...

Attachments

• 1442411984992.jpg
    1442411984992.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 1442411998788.jpg
    1442411998788.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 39
I think the first is hygrophila corymbosa. Google and see if you can see the resemblance.

Second is definitely an Anubias.

Edit: just pull the the Anubias and tie it does to anything like decor, wood, etc in the tank.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom