HELP - cloudy after water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I don't get is I have a pH controller in my tank if it did dump a lot of co2 in the tank the controller would of turned it off and when I checked the pH with the test kit it after everything died it was at 6.7 right where I keep it did this happen because it was trying to keep up after being off for a day

What I don't get is I have a pH controller in my tank if it did dump a lot of co2 in the tank the controller would of turned it off and when I checked the pH with the test kit it after everything died it was at 6.7 right where I keep it did this happen because it was trying to keep up after being off for a day

An EOTD didn't occur. Don't worry about that. You had already had the co2 off the tank when the shrimp and fish died.

I think I'm just going to put the carbon back in the chem filter for now and clean up the tank and start over

It was most likely a "mini" cycle it went through. I had the same thing happen to me. There prolly a small spike in your ammonia during the night after you changed your sponge. The cloudiness was a bacteria bloom. How is your stock doing now? Anymore die off?

No more died what should I do to keep this from happening again

No more died what should I do to keep this from happening again

Make sure when you rinse your sponges with dechlorinated water before you add it to the filter. I never change my sponge unless it's falling apart. No chlorinated water should touch your bio media or sponge because it will kill any BB.

I think it was my pH that caused this to happen so I'm going to put my co2 on a timer so it turn off when the lights go out and maybe put a air stone in the tank

Back
Top Bottom