HELP - cloudy after water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mijo51380

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I did a water change yesterday like a aways do and cleaned the filters and everything was fine when the lights came on today the water was foggy there was all this white crap on everything I had about 60 shrimp all but 5 are dead there's dead fish and the fish ate at the top of the tank is this a co2 problem

How did you clean your filters? If you over clean and disrupt a healthy population of beneficial bacteria, it's quite possible the foggy water could be a bacteria bloom.

Have you checked your parameters fir ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates?

Why would you think there's too much co2? Are you monitoring the injection and how much co2 is dissolved in the water with a drop checker? Too much co2 will easily nuke your shrimp.

I checked the pH ammonia nitrite and nitrate all were good as far as the filters just cleaned them like I do every week change the sponge and water and a brush for the pre filter I did do a big water change about half as far as the co2 I ran out for a day because the paintball tank ran out the dead fish that were in there were all white

Okay... ph controller is good. However, changing the sponge every week is not... you're just suppose to squeeze and rinse it out in a bucket of siphoned tank water. I don't even do that weekly.. maybe once a month. I do weekly pwc's though. There's a good amount of beneficial bacteria not only in the bio media but also in the sponge. Are you sure you're not getting ammonia spikes or anything? What are you testing with?

Ok I have a g3 filter the mechanical filter I clean the chemical filter I changed with a sponge and the bio filter I have not touched in 13 weeks I checked all the levels yesterday and they were all good before the wc and checked again today and still good I have a API master kit I always do 20gallon wc but yesterday I did a 25

No my co2 was out for a day I put a new tank on and did the wc about 5:00 pm the lights went out about 10:00 everything was fine the lights turned on today at 3:00 and the whole tank was cloudy all the fish and what was left of the shrimp were at the top of the tank the fish that died were all white

No my co2 was out for a day I put a new tank on and did the wc about 5:00 pm the lights went out about 10:00 everything was fine the lights turned on today at 3:00 and the whole tank was cloudy all the fish and what was left of the shrimp were at the top of the tank the fish that died were all white

Ohhhhhh ok. Then the EOTD wouldn't have played a role.

Ok so what is EOTD and how can I stop this

When the actually liquid co2 runs out in the tank, the last bit of pressure is rapidly pushed out and can result in mass amounts of co2 going into your tank. That's how I understand it. It's a mediocre definition at best. It's very rare. What regulator do you have?

I was trying to milk the tank so it would be empty when I took it to get refilled

So I lost about 40 plus shrimp 3 neon tetras and 4 marigold fry all because I want to get a little more out of my co2 tank

Back
Top Bottom