!:)! Help :D wild plants :):D:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EndlersEatGuppies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all I was wandering if I could get wild plants from a lank, pond, etc. and put them in my tropical 10g aquarium. If so what should I do to clean them. As get the parasites and organisms off. Also I have 2 black skirts tetra, 2 red minor tetra, 1 Molly, and getting two swordtails. :D

:):):) Thanks for all the help :):):)

Fishman13 said:
Hey all I was wandering if I could get wild plants from a lank, pond, etc. and put them in my tropical 10g aquarium. If so what should I do to clean them. As get the parasites and organisms off. Also I have 2 black skirts tetra, 2 red minor tetra, 1 Molly, and getting two swordtails. :D

:):):) Thanks for all the help :):):)

Please help

meegosh said:
Where are you located? Where will you be taking the plants from? What type of plants are they? Some pictures of the plants you want to keep will give us some better information.

Here is a great article for us Northern US dwellers:

Live in a northern climate? Aquatic plants abound! : Aquatic Plant Central

I am in southeast America. I don't have the plants yet but if you people on AA say I can I will. I will get them from ponds, lakes, etc.

You can collect local species but without knowing the type it is hard to give you advice. As far as sterilizing them you can bleach dip (1:19 dilluted solution) or use potassium permanganate.

You can collect local species but without knowing the type it is hard to give you advice. As far as sterilizing them you can bleach dip (1:19 dilluted solution) or use potassium permanganate.

well i am probably going to get american waterweed
Image183.gif

and hornwort
Ceratophyllum_demersum.jpg

so what do u think

but that wont work for those plants. i heard that. is that true or what. please help;)

Back
Top Bottom