Help ID my plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sjsuper76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

I got all the plants in this 55 gallon tank for free. I thought a good start to my first planted tank.

FYI: I have 2x54w T5HO 6700K lights and 2 Actinic lights on the tank at the moment.

substrate: Eco-complete.

just started dosing: Flourish Trace and Excel

These pictures were taken on day one. Before this, these plants were in some random crappy tank with unknown parameters. I got them for free along with the driftwood they were attached to, but I want to make sure I am doing the right things for them.

Attachments

• IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1723.jpg
    IMG_1723.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 72
Top left - Windelove or lace java fern
Bottom left - a crypt of some kind, maybe Wendtii
Bottom right - A sword, maybe melon sword
Top right - I have no idea.

So am I doing okay with what i have set up? any other suggestions?

Any other plant ideas (that I can order or buy online) to fill up my tank? I'd like a few tall plants in the back, a couple short plants for the foreground or something that is really low, like moss, to cover some of the bottom?

thanks for the help!

You've got pretty good light. Do you plant to run CO2?

Add some stem plants for the back. Vals, cabomba, or maybe ludwigia would be my suggestions.

You'd have to use mesh of some kind to make a moss carpet. It won't adhere to the substrate well. Crypt Parva could work, but it's a slow grower. Dwarf sag is another option.

PlantGeek.net - Plant Guide Try this link. You can pick plants by where they should go in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom