Help identify these plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the tank after adjusting and adding root tabs.:

Attachments

• image-1753460989.jpg
    image-1753460989.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3741851934.jpg
    image-3741851934.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 43
  • image-2420560443.jpg
    image-2420560443.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 51
That at least looks better IMO. Watch getting big long pieces of DW in a smaller tank or they can tend to dominate and darken the entire scape. And be sure when putting it in not to put it dead center. Always place a focal decoration or plant slightly off center, it's recommend to go off center slightly to the left but IMO it can be used on either side off centered.

Do you have an opinion on the type, shape, color, and size of driftwood and rocks?

I just like to get pieces that I like and are in scale with the tank. You don't want DW to overpower the scape and limit your planting areas too much. You may have to look around a bit. I tend to get pieces that are thick solid ones, I like them more open and branchy like this... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g 12-1-2012 - Picture. It's more visable now with the crypt on the far left side gone and the DW is covered in Fissidens Fontanus Moss. But before it was moss covered you can see it was branchy. Here's my other big piece when the tank was alot younger with less plants, notice it's openness doesn't block alot of lights or make it hard to plant around... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g dirted tank - Picture.

As for rocks alot of people might disagree but if I have dark substrate I like lighter rocks so they stand out and if the substrate is light, I like darker rocks. Here are the grouping of light colored rocks with Anubia's, Bolbitus, and Java Fern Wendilov attached to them... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g 12-1-2012 - Picture.

Rivercats, thank you for informing me your tips on aquascaping. Now I need to work on making the plants flourish. I might order a macro and micro dry mix and a co2 diffuser. I would then do DIY CO2. Is this the way to go with my plants?

DIY CO2 should work nicely in your 10 gallon. And PPS-Pro ferts would definitely help them flourish.

Dry ferts are always the best as you get all the macro and micro nutrients you need and they will last a very very long time. Either CO2 or liquid carbon will absolutely be a big plus for your plants especially when using dry ferts.

1st picture on the left looks like Cabomba to me, the 2nd looks like narrowleaf ludwigia, 3rd anacharis, but 4 has me stumped, and agree with number 5.

1 is actually purple cabomba 2 needleleaf ludwigia 3 is rotala indica 4 I think was Ludwigia glandulosa and 5 is java fern at least that's what they all were called when I bought them

I can say with almost 100% confidence that #4 isn't ludwigia. I'm pretty sure about it being hygrophila polysperma 'rosanervig' (which btw is a federal offense to ship across state lines).

I can say with almost 100% confidence that #4 isn't ludwigia. I'm pretty sure about it being hygrophila polysperma 'rosanervig' (which btw is a federal offense to ship across state lines).

You are 100% correct that is it. I got it off eBay last year guess the seller didn't know that. I definitely didn't know. It is a very easy plant to grow

Can anyone recommend a seller to get a co2 diffuser off of eBay from? I have never bought off of eBay nor do I know the best brand for a diffuser. Thanks

I like the Milwaukee regulator, as they come with everything you need in one little package. Some people on here like the Aquatek regulator as well, but I can't say anything about it personally.

I was looking for a glass bell diffuser. I'll be doing DIY co2 in my 10 gallon tank so I don't need fancy stuff.

Back
Top Bottom