Help Identifying New Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hjsvt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got won a bag of fire painted shrimp with lots of plants included at my local fish auction this weekend. I'm trying to figure out what the three plants are in the two pictures attached.

I thought this one might be some kind of moss but I've looked through the whole list on aquamoss.net and can't seem to find it. Any ideas?

98885-albums14343-picture68898.jpg

In this picture I'm looking for help with the lily pad type plant and then the other floater that's not the dwarf water lettuce on the middle right.

*Edit* The non-lily pad like plant I think maybe salvinia rotundifolia for "water spangles". Does this look correct?

98885-albums14343-picture68897.jpg

Thanks for the help.http://www.aquariumadvice.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

The first one looks like riccia. Not sure though.

Oh Yeah! That could be! The pictures I just looked at look very similar but mine doesn't look as good. Thanks so much for the help!

Second picture for the lily pads is Pennywort, not sure which species though. I personally haven't had much success with them, but the shrimp like it as a good meal. The floaters are duckweed and dwarf water lettuce. Not sure you want duckweed, I had it grow from two teaspoonfuls in a 16 gallon tank to an inch thick layer across the top in a couple months.

I think the smaller ones are salvinia roundifolia. I had them once and they took over like duckweed. I also have water lettuce and when grown indoors, is hard to tell apart from the dwarf variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you everyone so much for your helping figuring this out! I'm ok with the duckweek and "spangles" because the dwarf water lettuce grows so fast, I have to thin it out every single week. I think it doubles in a week. So I'm good with fast growing floaters. I'll just keep weeding them out as need! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom