Help Id'ing plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

killrsheep

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, i am picking up the hobby again, this time i got a few plants and i am very excited to start my new planted tank

could anyone help me ID these plants? i have looked at pictures of plants all day but they are all so similar :S

if there is anyone who knows plants im sure they can tell easy what i have

:thanks:

Top photo looks like Ludwigia Repens which will require iron. I've made the mistake before. If you see the leaves starting to turn black, then it's dying.

The single plant in the bottom looks like hygrophilia is some sort. I'm not sure what the other two are in the bottom picture.

Bottom may be c.lucens. Im on phone hard to see.

Google cyrpt lucens

I took a better pic today, I think I only have these two species

They may be what you told me,

One more question, the bigger one on the first photo has sprouted a lot of "root-like" vines along the plant, what is that? Can I cut it and replant it?

Yeah that's definitely some crypt on the left and the right one is hygrophilia.

You can cut and replant after they turn a greenish color. Don't do it while they're still white. That's the way it is on same plants. My Ludwigia died too fast because of the lack of iron so I never experienced that.

C. Lucens is what I said. When I blow up picture on phone it gets blury. Google and look for yourself

Hello I need help once more and I don't know if I should open a new post but for the sake of background info here it goes:

I had those plants on 12 hour lighting, then the Hygrophilia was starting to become a bit red, so I cut back a bit on the lighting to 10 hours, I am also cycling and for the life of me i haven't been able to get an ammonia spike in 2 weeks so I started adding flake food daily for the Last week, so about 4 days ago I started to notice yellow leaves growing and the small Hygrophilia leaning towards the light these las days I have added flourish into the mix and now I noticed a lot more yellow leaves on the medium Hygrophilia (also seem kinda weak)

Went to take a photo and Bam! I just noticed that the biggest Hygrophilia has a big sprout on one side (it was way smaller on the first pic I posted)

So I think I gave you all the info, what can I do to get my plants green (or red) again, what did I do wrong?

That's the cryptocroyne. They basically grow no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom