Help ID'ing this plant.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, in my 29 gallon tank, I have some java fern and this plant. I don't remember what kind it is. I think it's some sort of sword. Here it is. I have a sand substrate.

Attachments

• image-1169399242.jpg
    image-1169399242.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 63
I believe that is Java fern. It should not be "planted" into sand or substrate.

Ok, thanks for the ID'ing. I'll tie it to the driftwood after work. It has a couple dark spots on it due to a few hitchhiker snails that came with it. But I eliminated them.

Tetra1990 said:
Ok, thanks for the ID'ing. I'll tie it to the driftwood after work. It has a couple dark spots on it due to a few hitchhiker snails that came with it. But I eliminated them.

The snails may not be at fault. Java ferns grow baby Ferns from tips of leaves. They often develop black patches as part of that process AFAIK. Most snails don't hurt healthy plants.

I have Malaysian Trumpet Snails in my tanks to keep sand aerated and leftovers eaten. I also have Pond, Nerites and Ramshorn Snails in my planted tanks. No issues with my plants.

Eleven13 said:
Yeah definitely Java Fern, it'd look nice tied to a branch of that driftwood to the left (y)

Here is some eye candy for ya;) I used 12 lb test fishing line. Hope it looks ok, I'm very new to live plants.

Attachments

• image-3406701276.jpg
    image-3406701276.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom