Help me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why so much water change with shrimp? And why such a big one now, 50%? And what stuff do you add weekly liquid wise? Again? And what substrate do you use? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Shrimp, esp CRS need very stable, clean water. So they can't handle big changes. So I did smaller changes 2x weekly.

50% water change, gets out leftover ferts, dilutes any Nitrates and is standard for many planted tanks.

Why so much water change with shrimp? And why such a big one now, 50%? And what stuff do you add weekly liquid wise? Again? And what substrate do you use? :)

Like I listed in my other post
"I do fertilize. I use liquid fertilizers since it's a small tank it's affordable for me and easy.

1x weekly

Flourish comprehensive

API LeafZone

Flourish excel ( will switch to glut when this runs out)

Root tabs every 3-4 months or as needed. "

That substrate is Tahitian Moon Sand Black. It's inert, so I add Root Tabs.

I have MTS ( snails) that aerate the sand.

Do you know any other fertilizer I could use? I have a 50 gallon I want to start planted just got some mopani drift wood :) tannins are in the tank but I like them :) I know I have silver dollars they are bad working on getting rid of them getting everything else besides plants for now. I just want to know what I need before I start :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422751463.534321.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422751496.700259.jpg

If you join the Planted Tank, there are people selling Ferts on there for cheaper than most sites.

EI and PPS-Pro are two different methods of using dry ferts instead of liquid ferts.

It's much cheaper in the long run, but you add it more often.

Read up. I don't use dry fertilizers so I can't tell you anything about them.

Back
Top Bottom