Help me choose between these 2 lighting systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicuz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10G....I plan on having a carpet (either baby tears or dwarf hairgrass) plus 1 or 2 other beginner plants (keep cryptocorynes, java fern, java moss, anubias).

Here are my 2 options:

- use the canopy my tank came with...which supports a total of 25 Watts
- I also have T5 fixture...problem is that my LFS only carries 24 Watts bulbs...and I assume using 2 bulbs is kind of an overkill

I don't plan on using CO2 for now.

I need to get bulbs....either for the canpoy or for my T5 fixture...please help me choose.

Thank you in advance.

Both of those plants will do best with high light and co2, you can rig up a nice diy system for $10!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Both of those plants will do best with high light and co2, you can rig up a nice diy system for $10!!

Thanks. I will consider adding CO2 later on...for now I would like to stick with the lighting system. What do you recommend based on my first post?

Thanks. I will consider adding CO2 later on...for now I would like to stick with the lighting system. What do you recommend based on my first post?

Which came first? The chicken or the egg? Anyone who knows will tell you you're going to have a green tank with high light and no co2, heck I have a green tank with med light and pressurized co2.

+1

If you want these plants to "carpet" and thrive. The t5's would be overkill without CO2. You'll just have an algae farm.

I'm wearing my straw hat and overalls as I type:(

Back
Top Bottom