Help me ID these please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kishore

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been at college for a few months and my mom has been taking care of my fish. I am home now, and I found some things I don't like to see.

I had bought some java moss and introduced it into the tank before leaving. I think I might have let some stuff hitchhike its way into my tank. So now, there is this translucent, curled up things around my tank. They have antennae like in snails but I am not quite sure what these are (but they do look a lot like snails). I also have this blue-greenish thing growing on one of my rocks but I guess that isn't much of a serious issue. Could you guys help me identify what these suckers are?

Here are some pictures:
K7xTOYw.jpg

ocZgPuN.jpg

Oh. I do have some algae in my tank. I guess it would be wiser for now to leave them be if they are not harmful

One more thing. I have noticed that the size of my java moss has reduced to half of what it was before. Could this be due to these snails? A quick google search told me that these might eat plants if left with no other choice for food

Never noticed my Ramshorn going after my moss when hungry but dis fins it was picky about its water quality and light amounts

Youll have 100000000000 of them if you dont remove them as soon as you see them FYI.

They just breed prolifically then they become an awful eyesore and can overrun your tank.

Again, remove them as soon as you see them. Thats the best way to control the population without resorting to killing all of them or using chemicals.

Yea.. i got 100000 of them and is was just afwull i got 8 assassins snails and in a couple months i was cleared of them and the assasins snails dont breed that much sometimes i see 1 but thats it

Back
Top Bottom