Help me pick up the woods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I just bough 1 big MoorWood and other little moorwoods.

I tried the big one in the tank but my impression is that it is too big for the tank, and overall excessive.

1) What do you think about it? Does it fit? Do you prefer left or right profile?

Left

Right

2) I was also thinking about tieing the little woods to the big one in some way, in order to increase the ramification. What do you think about it? Should I add 1, 2 or no one?
And how can I make them tied solidly? I was thinking about fishing line...

WoodA

WoodB

WoodC

2 Woods

3) I would like to add a second wood opposite to the big one, in order to compleate a "wood arch". But this wood is not a MoorWood, and the difference can be seen....In the future the woods will be covered by ferns and other plants so I don't know, is it a problem that the 2 woods are different?

According to ur tank size this one wood is enough. I like left profile more.

I think I won't put the second wood and leave more space for plants, it just doens't fit the arch at all :p

Other opinions?

In the end I found another wood way more attractive (for my tastes), more branched and less thick and linear then the other way. I have to work on it cutting and rettaching branches in order to make it fit in the tank :D What do you think?

Right

Left

I just have to decide where to place it, I prefer it on the left. Opinions?

Left....

Gotta say I think it would look awesome on its side on the left angled with a slope left to right

Build up whatever substrate sloping left to right. Fat end of wood in front left corner with tall branches point up. Like a big fallen tree. The substrate height will help with height which is why I assume your standing it up. Or you like tree look. I like piece of wood but to me its not real tree like.

In rear left corner youll have room for a big crypt or fern.

Just my 2 cents. Lol its your tank. Nice wood so I think it will be great no matter.

Back
Top Bottom