Help me save my plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly wish ludwigia repens would grow slower. It grows about 10x faster than anything I've ever had. I have a soil under sand substrate and that seemed to be the kicker. I have high light, and I was dosing 1mL/5g metricide and 1mL/10g Flourish. Since I added co2 and a more comprehensive fert dosing, it has only exacerbated how fast it grows. I would consider root tabs, even tho folks say it feeds mostly out of the water column. If there's no nutrients in the substrate, it will struggle.

How long have you had it in your tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use eco-complete planted substrate in my tank, with no root tabs. I've had the tank for 4 months, but my current plants have only been in there for 2 months.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just finishing this up... Adding the additional carbon has helped rejuvenate my plants and reduce the algae at the same time. I now dose 6ppm daily. Tthe Ludwigia actually seems to be growing faster and the Microsword is just as green as the day I got it. Also threw 3 Otocinclus (1 died the first night) in there and they are algae eating fiends. The driftwood hardly has ANY algae left on it and they have started working their way to the glass, pretty soon I'm going to have to start growing algae on rocks to supplement them.

Thanks everybody for your help in bringing my tank back to a healthy state.

Back
Top Bottom