Help me set up my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Supercichlid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As you can see there is no plants or fish now in my new 46 gallon now front. I wondering some cool beginner plants I could put in here and some interesting fish that will enjoy a planted aquarium.

Attachments

• image-326884520.jpg
    image-326884520.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 60
I love Bow Front tanks! Just got the 26g, but I really wish I have yours instead! LOL...

Well, off the top of my head... good beginner plants tend to be the plants that are low light tolerant plants. What type of lighting do you have there? I'm not sure if it's going to be good enough to support any plants... are you considering upgrading by any chance? Well anyhow, I think you can start off with Java Fern, Anubias, Crypts, Swords, and Java Moss (among others).

For Crypts and Swords, since they are heavy root feeders, I would suggest getting root tabs and strategically placing them near them. You can also dose a good liquid fertilizer such as Seachem Flourish and Excel.

Community fish are a good start. I usually like to get a centerpiece fish like German Blue Rams or Dwarf Gouramis. Then you can throw in a school of Tetra or Rasboras (get 5+ of each species). Bottom dwellers like Cory Cats are good. If you start to see any algae, a few Otos are a nice addition.

Back
Top Bottom