Help on starting a planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shelleygirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,
I've just purchased a 2.5ft (35gal) tank and am thinking of growing plants as decoration for my goldfish. I've never had a planted tank before and am confused with some of the information I've been reading on the net. I'm really confused about what is suitable and what i need to set up my tank, can somebody please give me the dummy version of what I need. Also are undergravel heaters really necessary if i'm planning to have only a few plants?

Thanks

You can also give the stickies at the beginning of this forum a look over. I will say that some golds like snacking on plants and you do not need an undergravel heater.

While there are some people that are still very much for undergravel heaters, most have reached the conclusion that they neither help nor hinder and are therefore a waste of money. After you've read the articles and stickies, feel free to come back with any questions on anything that isn't clear yet.

Back
Top Bottom