Help! plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alefaz14

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a bio cube 29 gallon freshwater aquarium with live plants. Its dimentions are 20"L x 20.75"W x 19.25"H with two 36 watt fluorescent 16" lights. I have had it for a while now, and the jungle vals that I got a while ago are spreading like crazy and this other plant i have is also spreading over the aquarium. They are growing around other plants and crowding them. Originally i only had three jungle vals on the left side but now there are more all over the aquarium. How do I stop them from spreading any more? Another question I have is what are some good background plants that wouldn't be too big for my aquarium but would take up a large space in the back corner?

To stop the vals from spreading, you just have to chase down the runners, pull then up, and cut away. If you start injecting co2, there's a ton of stem plants that make excellent background plants.. Stems such as rotala, ludwigia, and limnophila species.

Back
Top Bottom