help quick plz!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay so i was told that i needed new lighting for my 36 gallon bowfront aquarium. i have amazon swords and want them to live so will this be good? Current USA Nova Extreme T5 X2 Freshwater Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 2X24 Watt, 30 inch | MarineAndReef

For a 36g I'd say that's more low/med-low lighting. If you're looking for high lighting, IMO you should double the wattage, get co2 in and a boat load of ferts/root tabs. Wait for fort or rookie to come online and see what they say though.

But will my swords do fine? and i couldn't get the 78 watt one cause its too big for my tank x(

But will my swords do fine? and i couldn't get the 78 watt one cause its too big for my tank x(

Plantgeek.net says swords are med to high light plants, but it really comes down to what works for you. I grew (not great growth) Cabomba in my 37g tall with about .5wpg and it's a med/high light plant so every plant/tank/setup works differently IMO.

PlantGeek.net - Plant Guide

Well i already ordered it cause ive heard so many good reviews about that fixture and its hard to find the right lighting for my kind of tank:(

im using jungle root tabs. and last question, do you know anything about argentine swords?

you think theyre the same as amazon swords?

I'm not familiar with that particular sword... Seems to be more commonly referred to as a Rangeri sword though. Anyhoo, that light should be fine for swords. They'll grow in about any light. In high light, over the last 3 months, I've had one sword outgrow my 40 breeder, and another get close. Lower light will just mean slower growth, which may be a good thing. Definitely suppliment with root tabs. I like flourish tabs, some tabs aren't a comprehensive tab. I'm not familiar with yours, but make sure they have N,P,K, and trace.

Oh my gosh, thank you for that comment cause i didnt wanna be spending big money on something i didnt need.. anyways the argentine swords are doing fine, i just had i little leaf die and the rest are good. and question, if i wanted to upgrade my bulbs for my fixture, know any good places that will sell 24' bulbs with good watts?

24" T5HO bulbs are all 24w... you can't upgrade wattage with bulbs. That said, that should be plenty of light for about any plants you want.

hmmm okay sounds good! spank you very much good sir or ma'am ha and last question, it concerns a pleco. it passed but im just wondering why i can never keep one alive >.< like it'll be fine but then it'll like be laying on its back. itll swim to the top then just float back down like its dead.

Back
Top Bottom