Help rescaping my planted tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbib1089

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help rescaping my 55 gallon planted tank.

Right now it just looks plain to me and I really want to take it to the next level. I have a dual T5HO for lighting, plain gravel substrate with root tabs, PPS dosing with excell.

The tank is currently stocked with:
Java fern
Water sprite
Corkscrew val
Bacopa
Blyxa japonica
Anubis
Scarlet temple
Moss ball
Flame moss.

I will attach a picture of the tank below.
I also picked up a killer piece of driftwood (picture below)
It takes up about half the tank and can be removed from the piece of stone.
I really don't know what to do with the whole scape and where to move things around. I want to add some more plants and add in a circulation pump but I don't want it to be blowing some of the taller plants around.
Any suggestions would be great!
p.s. Don't mind the breeder tank my panda Molly dropped about 50 fry a few days ago.

image.jpg

When scaping you have to keep in mind, the hardscape (DW and rocks) and then adding the plants in a way that looks natural and that can be appreciated from front to back. Look for diferent plants for foreground, mid and background. After that it's all about your own preference, look up some tanks on google or the full tank shot thread here to get some inspiration.

Following, really like that piece of DW!

Im currently in the middle of Aqua scapeing too! The most important thing for me is that it all looks natural and the fish have an natural feeling habitat.

I must say that my current fish stock is full of champions. They have been moved several times in different states/ tanks and I have never had a casualty. They all aren't picky eaters and attack any food I throw in the tank.

Nice tank

Thanks!

Right now I have the driftwood soaking. It is not leeching much tannis but it is floating like crazy. Might be a little while until I can get it in the tank.

I added in my circulation pump yesterday and I have noticed that my plants seem to have perked up a little bit. I'm hoping the added flow will eliminate the dead spots and combat my small BBA problem.

Back
Top Bottom