help! What are these eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sturgcl1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there,
Just wondering if someone can advise me on what the eggs are in my new tank?. I have a large planted tank which is around 6weeks old now, fully cycled & home to 15 rcs of various sizes, 3 emerald corys & 3 sterbai corys (all approx 3cm) & 2 bronze corys (approx 2cm). I have also gained a fair few snails, must have come in with plants, all different shapes & sizes. The eggs which I noticed today are very small clear eggs in small clusters on underside of the plants, they are all under water. I suspect they are just snail eggs but wanted to be sure before I get rid of them. I have a really bad algae bloom, brown &green hair which the snails seemed to be cleaning up so I left them alone but dont want to end up with a plague of snails!

95% sure they're snail eggs.

If you get too many snails, try putting a leaf of rinsed lettuce in the tank. An hour later, pull it out. It'll be covered in snails. Dispose! Snail Control!

Depending on the size of your tank, also maybe consider clown loaches, but they get big, so be careful!

They dont show up too well but attached is a photo. I think they must be snail eggs. Tank is a 360l so big enough for the loach, but think I will try the lettice idea first. Dont know why but think my mobile uploaded photo upsidedown, sorry.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 2011-05-30 19.49.37.jpg
    2011-05-30 19.49.37.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom