Help!!!! What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's what he has right?
planaria1JOHNSON.jpg
that's planaria right?
more planaria do you see the images matching cause I just see a thin hair like structure versus a shovel headed rounder structure maybe we need a better pic to positively identify it.

That's not the ops pic. While I agree a better pic would help it will be impossible unless the op has a very good macro lens. Another user posted the pic you posted an claimed theyre harmless. Sooo they're harmless. In the pic the op posted I do believe I can make out the triangular head of planaria.

if im wrong then im wrong but this is a pic of the worm I was talking about:

although they do get fatter too this is basically it.

Last edited:
Fair enough I just don't see that in the ops pic. I sincerely wasnt trying to say you were wrong as you could of had a predatory organism. I just see planaria in the ops pic. Sorry for the argument lol

im sorry to I hope its not this because after having 5 batches killed and having done everything for 6 months to get rid of them im just a bit paranoid about worms in my tank but can you blame me?

Hey we all get passionate about fish ya know :). And no I don't, coming from sw where there are tons of nasty hitchhikers I completely understand :D

yea worst off is on the last batch I got to see them eating the babies and the eggs it was disturbing at the least. well I got work later

I like little bits and bots in my tanks.. More fulfilling in thinking of myself as master of mini aquatic ecosystems:)

Wow so I went to my LFS to get fish for my other tank and got the water tested for this one too.
The water is really off but I got stuff to level the water out. They said it is daphnia after I showed them a video of mine moving in the gravel.

PH:6.4
Ammonia:0.15
Nitrite:1ppm
Nitrate:35

Wow so I went to my LFS to get fish for my other tank and got the water tested for this one too. The water is really off but I got stuff to level the water out. They said it is daphnia after I showed them a video of mine moving in the gravel. PH:6.4 Ammonia:0.15 Nitrite:1ppm Nitrate:35
daphnia????? Noooooooo what are the test results?

Wow so I went to my LFS to get fish for my other tank and got the water tested for this one too.
The water is really off but I got stuff to level the water out. They said it is daphnia after I showed them a video of mine moving in the gravel.

PH:6.4
Ammonia:0.15
Nitrite:1ppm
Nitrate:35

What did you get that will correct you water parameters?
Not daphnia. Daphnia are round bodied free swimming crustaceans. What you've got is a worm of some sort (flatworm? Planaria?). I've got those and larger planaria in my shrimp tank yet batches of new shrimp appears every few weeks.

But they move forward and backwards in the gravel though I thought worms only went forward and turned

The latest one of my picture seems to have a triangle head

Back
Top Bottom