Help with a Regulator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you have a diffuser, bubble counter, and a drop checker? I can give you some good links to some if need be!

You will also need a needle valve and appropriate parts to connect them.

EDIT: And a solenoid.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get that particular needle valve, as I'm not sure exactly how it's setup up considering it's "designed" for DIY, which is a silly comment by itself. You want something that's designed to deal with pressure.

You should not operate a regulator how you describe. By messing with your needle valve every day, you will get poor consistency day to day, which is a good recipe for BBA. Additionally, you shouldn't completely close a needle valve, as it can ruin it. Needle valves are signed to modulate current, not turn it on or off. The regulator itself can't control the flow as finely as we need. It's job is to turn the 900 psi of the co2 tank into a manageable 10 psi or so.

Also, the two things you've linked to are completely different systems. The Jaggedfury system is an ASA valve that operates at full pressure (ie not a regulator), whereas the first thing you listed was an actual regulator. Which one are you planning on using?

I think that one has a needle valve, but not sure how good it is. You're already at $75 with that one, plus a drop checker. Is it possible to bump it up to $90 and get a Milwaukee regulator? Repeatedly tested and proven to work fine out of the box.

its possible but at this point the co2 is costing more then my tank lol its a fluval flora got a link so i can check out the milwaukee?

Back
Top Bottom