Help with Brown Algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rnickwilliams

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I'm new to planted aquariums and feel like I have dove straight in to becoming a long time hobbies. I just love my planted tank however, sometime it makes me want to scream!!!

I have a 36 gallon bow front tank. I'm running a Finnex Planted 30" LED light with Marineland canister filter. I just purchased a circulation pump to help circulate water better.

My tank inhabitants include 3 buenes Aries tetras, three zebra danios, 1 brusellnose catfish, 1 oto cat, 1 angel fish and 6 Nerite snails.

My plants are amazon sword, java ferns, 2 large Anubis plants and a small patch of micro chain sword. I'm not running CO2 however have been using Seachem Flourish to feed and root tabs in the substrate.

With all of this being said I'm still getting brown algae on the leaves of my plants and slowly on the side walls of my tank. What can I do? Any recommendations would be great.

I had Amano shrimp which did great for about a month then died off. I'm thinking my PH got too low or the Phosphorus got low?

How long are the lights on?

Increased flow will help.

Are you over feeding at all? Are you using flake food what kind of food are you feeding?

Back
Top Bottom