Help with cloudiness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cindy0468

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All, I have a 75 gal planted aquarium that I have had for many years. I recently did an overhaul, starting fresh with everything. My water is milky looking which I have never had happen before. I have been testing daily, no ammonia, no nitrites, no nitrates, pH 8. I have done a partial water change to no avail. Not sure if I should continue changing water or leave well enough alone. I have had it set up for just over 2 weeks now. I am using a penguin biowheel 400 filter (new) which is the same as I have been using for well over 10 years with no previous issues. I am using soft water from a well, could this be affecting the appearance? Any suggestions?

Do you have fish in the tank? I'd say bacteria bloom but with no readings on ammonia, nitrites or nitrates that doesn't sound right. What test kit are you using? Using water from a well shouldnt matter if you are using carbon filters in that penguin. That should have cleared up any cloudy well water.

I have 6 feeder goldfish, was hoping they would help the process along. I'm using API master test kit, brand new, so nothing out of date with it. Like I said, I've had the tank for many years (over 20), have drained and refilled multiple times for relocation purposes and I've not ever seen this.

Hi All, I have a 75 gal planted aquarium that I have had for many years. I recently did an overhaul, starting fresh with everything. My water is milky looking which I have never had happen before. I have been testing daily, no ammonia, no nitrites, no nitrates, pH 8. I have done a partial water change to no avail. Not sure if I should continue changing water or leave well enough alone. I have had it set up for just over 2 weeks now. I am using a penguin biowheel 400 filter (new) which is the same as I have been using for well over 10 years with no previous issues. I am using soft water from a well, could this be affecting the appearance? Any suggestions?
might want to consider a item called " the green killing machine " UV Sterilizer
this would help with killing bacteria .
https://www.amazon.com/Green-Killin...D=412Z0piwd%2BL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I have the smaller version in my 20 Gal and it does work . I have also seen these at Petco and petsmart .

Back
Top Bottom