Help with extreme black beard algae??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had that as well where the peroxide seemed to burn foxtail which was nearby to where I was spot treating. Pretty sure it is a 6% solution we get here though. Cleaned off all the BBA on a rock very well. I could see it fizzing and changed colour after treatment.

Glut (liquid carbon), I've found will get rid of it but took like a month of dosing at normal levels before I noticed a difference.

I've just doubled my dosing and it seems I've finally got the val used to glut dosing. Got to be really careful not to overdose.

What is Nualgi? A super concentrated water column fertilizer?

...speaking of which, it may be time for root tabs.

Sent from my Android with one arm in the tank.

Im not sure if I fully understand it myself, but it seems to have something to do with encouraging the growth of a certain species of diatoms that will then out compete the existing algae for nutrience without affecting plant growth.
The downside (other than the price) is that youre supposed to continue to treat the aquarium.

I haven't tried it, so I couldn't say on how well it works. Its sounds interesting enough to gamble $30 on though.

If I get the diatoms of interest going, shouldn't they keep outcompeting the algae once established?

yeah... I don't know enough about this to answer a bunch of FAQs. :lol:

If you're curious about it, then give the link I posted a click and see for yourself.

I clicked it, but never saw it mention diatoms.

Ive been double dosing glut for a while with minimal results, but every tank is different.

Here's a link to a product I just heard about. Im still on the fence about trying it, but maybe it will work for you.

Nualgi Aquarium - A Clean Tank is a Beautiful Tank

It says that it can take a few weeks before you even start to see results in a freshwater aquarium.

I must admit I've got a brown thumb so could be even the BBA gave up. :)

Think I saw this in a thread a few months back. Could be worth a search and pm.

Right now, I'm trying H2O2 and low lighting right now. Hopefully my fish will live on.

It's a full tank treatment that I looked up online. 75mL in a 29g tank, to get just over 2mL/g. I'm also using only a 13 watt nite lite for now. The timer failed on my "big" light, so I was getting 24 hours of light, and there you go.

Thats odd, it mentions them all over the site when I go there. Did you try clicking on the FAQs or the "What is Nualgi?" section?
It may be that I got the mobile site.

Back
Top Bottom