help with my Eheim !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bballsosh

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so i have the ehiem 2215 filter running on my 54 gallon tank. I would like to do some cleaning on it. How do i do this? I dont want to be getting wet. Thanks for all the help.

I have an Eheim ECCO 2233 and all I do is unplug it and turn the valve to the "off" position on the intake hose. That is the most important. I forgot to turn the valve off once and I had about 10 gallons of water all over my carpet under the tank stand. 8O Of course, the filter was still plugged in so it just pumped water EVERYWHERE.

Once you that taken care of, just rinse your filter media in old tank water and put it all back together.

Does your filter have double-tap connectors?

http://jejedu74.free.fr/Watercooling/Wc_mont%E9/raccord_wb.JPG

If so, it should be a snap to clean and re-prime. Just close all 4 valves. Then just seperate the inlet and outlet sides and remove the filter. Make sure you open the outlet valve before trying remove the canister cover. The vacuum pressure is tough to overcome. Opening the valve allows you to pull it right off with no resistance.

If you don't have these connectors, I imagine it could be a pain to remove the filter without any spillage. I have 4 Eheim Classics and all of them have double-tap connectors. IMO, they are a must.

^ What he said. The double taps will sllow a little spillage (just have a paper towel or two handy). I'm looking for a QC type fitting so I can suck new mixed tank water out of a big (remote) bucket via my tap's siphon side.

Back
Top Bottom