Help with my scape.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hijack this thread. One last question: will this method of peroxide treatment kill some types of plant like mosses or val's?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry to hijack this thread. One last question: will this method of peroxide treatment kill some types of plant like mosses or val's?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I cannot remember if I was using Excel or peroxide, but I recall creating brown spots in beds of moss if I used too much or let it sit too long before turning on the filters. Peroxide is commonly used a dip for plants for the removal of snails and hitchhikers.

I was scrolling through TPT forum and it hit me. Less stuff is better! This made me rethink the hard scape. I took a couple rocks out and repositioned the ones that were in there along with the driftwood. I am completely happy with the hard scape! Finally!!...but not the plants.

I'll post pics tomorrow when everything is opened up.:)

I was scrolling through TPT forum and it hit me. Less stuff is better! This made me rethink the hard scape. I took a couple rocks out and repositioned the ones that were in there along with the driftwood. I am completely happy with the hard scape! Finally!!...but not the plants.

I'll post pics tomorrow when everything is opened up.:)

Good choice! I entirely agree. This tank by James Findley has only AR Mini, Ammania sp. Bonsai, Dwarf Hairgrass, and a terrestrial moss on the driftwood tips. Thats just 3 aquatic plants in the whole tank!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406313394.385314.jpg

I know you were talking about hard scape but the same applies to plants.

On the contrary, I think that some more driftwood would look nice but its up to you really.

I finally got back from vacation last night. Came back to over grown rotala. I'll trim later. I discovered that one of my co2 bottles had a hole in it so the mixture was all over my desk. Also removed a couple more rocks. One of my swords is dying.:(ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407089627.417144.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407089672.854188.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407089717.681535.jpg

Looks like your sword could use a root tab.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The co2 deficiency makes sense cause there was a he in my DIY bottle and it leaked water. I'll add a root tab too.

Well I've been letting the tank go these mast couple months:/ With school I've just been busy. Anyways tomorrow I hope to replant, trim and mix co2. I've done small water changes every so often along with top offs every few weeks. I'm surprised there weren't any deaths. I'm for sure going to start managing my time better.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I emptied my 20, put the substrate back in and put in some new dw. Not sure if I want to tie some moss/anubias to it. I'll post pics once it clears up a bit.

I also threw away a huge clump of plants that were rotting in a bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom