Help with my tank....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seranko

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello there,

Hopefuly, you'll help me with my tank.... I'm still learning how use ferts and I don't know what happend with my plants. This tank has 9 month running, but this plants only 2 month.

Tank : 75 Gal
Light : 4x55 Watts ( 2xGE9325 and 2x6700 ahsupply) using 55 watts' ahsupply kits

Filter No. 1 : DIY Wet/Dry
Filter No. 2 : Fluval 404 (used as reactor)

Temp : 29.5 C or 85.3 F
kH : 3.5 dH
GH : 4 dH
p.H : 6.6 to 6.8 (Using a digital PH Meter and controlling CO2 solenoid)
CO2 : 26.4 to 16.6

Potassium : 10 to 20 ppm
Iron : 0.2 to 0.3 ppm
Phosphates : I don't dose phosphates, I still have test problems. The colors showed in the book are different with my results, but the water has some.
Nitrate : 12.5 ppm to 25 ppm
Traces : 3.5 ml everyother day

I'm using Greg Waston's Potassium, Nitrate and Phosphate and Chuck's calculator and Seachem Iron and Traces.

I think your tank is AWESOME!!!!! :D What's the ground cover?

Your images don't show up for me (problem with my browser, not you) but what kind of fish are you keeping? Some plants don't care for the high temps, so that is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Well, discus = high temps, so there may be particular plants that do better in discus tanks than others.

So, what exactly is your problem? You really need to get an accurate Phos reading, so you know exactly where your at on your Phos/Nitra ratio.

The tank looks awesome!

Back
Top Bottom