Help with plant algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Other AA Canadian memebers have said they get their dry ferts at hydroponic's stores.

Okay :p so do you think you could list me what I should buy at the store?

I know I'm going to need 3 containers.

Micros -
  • Plantex CSM + B - 1/2 pound
Macros -
  • Potassium Nitrate (KNO3) - 1 pound
  • Mono Potassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) - 1/2 pound
  • Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4) - 1 pound

Okay awesome thanks :) ill try to go sometime today.

Holy I'm disgusted, not one place that's with in 4 hours has plantex, I found one place in Cali that ships to Canada and that's it. And that has to be special order

Fml

Don't know what area your in but start a new thread calling out to other Canadians to ask where they got their's from. I just know they got their stuff mainly at hydroponic's stores but there could be other sources I'm not aware of since I'm in the states.

Yup I called like every fish store and hydroponics store in and near vancouver most of them don't even know what I'm taking about.

Okay so I have reduced my hours changed my dosing and got a noid for my co2 and all my red algae is gone? :)

And the green algae i do have on it's way out :)

Ill post pics tomorrow!

How well things are going? Just curious.

After I went pps pro everything was great for a few weeks the I started to get a whole whack load of bba.

I'm now battling it with peroxide and light cutting.

Other than that I'm not having too many problems at all.

Instead of using peroxide, you can spot treat the plants with the Carbon supplement you use. Rivercats mentions Excel complete or whatever it is, in my area it's called Easy Carbo. In my adventures with BBA, I used that instead of H2O2 to spot treat which worked just was well without the possible damage to the fish. Just use your normal about of liquid Carbon and use a droplet pipette to put it in affective area.

The way I battle BBA with pps-pro dosing is high co2 and extra phosphates..... I say extra but pps-pro only has you mix 3G of dry fert into 500ml of water that's not very much so you'll probably have to dose a good bit to get phosphate levels right.

Instead of using peroxide, you can spot treat the plants with the Carbon supplement you use. Rivercats mentions Excel complete or whatever it is, in my area it's called Easy Carbo. In my adventures with BBA, I used that instead of H2O2 to spot treat which worked just was well without the possible damage to the fish. Just use your normal about of liquid Carbon and use a droplet pipette to put it in affective area.

Actually river cats suggested peroxide as its actually pretty safe as long as you don't use too much and it's cheaper and more efficient than exel. I would do exel but I have a ph controller so co2 is not really an issue fore me.

Excel works also but I've come to prefer Peroxide when needed. What many people don't know is there have been instances reported of BBA becoming excel tolerant. I feel comfortable using either method.

Back
Top Bottom