Help with plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zebbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have this plant growing in one of my tanks that I just throw trimmings and misc. things in and just noticed this plant. In the tank it grows upwards towards the light creating new sections that can be easily separated. It seems to be buried in the substrate while other disconnected pieces are floating but still growing new sections/nodes? Would love to know the name so that I can offer some up later in the week. Thanks
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392349369.682583.jpg

I've had dwarf hair grass before but never regular. My dwarf hair grass carpets but this grows differently and doesn't seem to carpet. Just grows upwards branching into new sections and reaches the top of my 45 gallon tall from bottom to top. Is this how hair grass grows? Thanks again

Could be a different species of dwarf hair grass either that or an onion plant i think its called.

Im not 100% percent sure I've never had one myself I've seen them but I'm not sure sorry.

I think its dwarf hair grass its just strands of it other than that i have no idea

I really appreciate all the time and help from everyone. The first pic I posted is just some that I pulled from the top of tank and threw in a styro cooler to show better. These pics are from actual 45 gal tall tank. Not the easiest to see since this tank is suffering from algae bloom but it's an uncovered outside tank with a HOB filter. Nothing in it but pest snails and random plants. But you can kind of see how this plant is growing from a side view. May do a water change soon to get a clearer pic. Also have some growing in a 10 gal but I use it as a floater in there.
Side view
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392655351.338609.jpg
Top view of 45 gal tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392655388.393998.jpg
Tank is basically filled to top with water. Was hoping to give some away with my current plants for sale. Do you think I should list as hair grass still?

Back
Top Bottom