Help with some new plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blinkin11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok first Ill start off with my set up....
I didnt plan on using plants at first, so intead of buying a PC to start off with I had a normal strip.

I have a 29g tank and now have 3 20w lights up, one aqualife, one floralife and the other is a 6500k daylight

So I figure 60w roughly 2wpg.

I still have regular substrate, I was told that this would be ok. I can always add eco-complete in a 50/50 swap sometime if that would be the best. I think I may buy a bag and mix it in with my substrate that is already there. Would this be ok as well?

I recently added a few more plants to my tank that is almost done the cycle.

Aponogeton ulvaceus: which the LFS said it was low-med light, this one seems to be having the worst of the problems. The leaves are already turning brown. The smaller one, which IMO looks the best in my tank is turning brown while the larger plant that is mostly stalks and not leafy is doing fine. I will want to trim the leaves down to make it smaller soon, but I am leaving the long leaves for now while the plants are newly planted.

Green Hygro
Hygrophila polysperma: which is doing fine, I have it planted in the front of the tank on its side and t is making a nice grass for the front of the tank right now.

The other 2 I added I cannot see to find on plantgeek...
one is a grass for the foreground, low-med light and it has white bottom/roots and dark green color on the leaves itself. It looks almost like grass in your front yard.
the othe is a red leaf smaller foreground plant that is a bulb plant. The closest I could find on plant geek was a Orchid Lily. This may be it, sorry I cannot remember the name of it.

I have added some flora-pride to the tank already when i started it and dosed a few more ml when I added the new plants.

Anyway, could someone help out with how to make these plants stay alive!

The cycle is almost done, I had a bad fish cycle experience that I got a lot of help with in the other forums.
I have 2 female mollies in there right now with a baby swimming around as well. I did have a snail it seems that was on the plants when I got them from the LFS. I have no clue where it is now though. I am affraid that they are just not getting enough nutrients with the low amount of fish right now. Any suggestions?

Blinkin11 said:
The other 2 I added I cannot see to find on plantgeek...
one is a grass for the foreground, low-med light and it has white bottom/roots and dark green color on the leaves itself. It looks almost like grass in your front yard.
the othe is a red leaf smaller foreground plant that is a bulb plant. The closest I could find on plant geek was a Orchid Lily. This may be it, sorry I cannot remember the name of it.

Sounds like Microsword and Tiger Lotus. Microsword probably won't thrive due to lack of light, but the tiger lotus will be great!

Back
Top Bottom