Help with trimming !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittany_b415

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank is an overgrown wilderness. I've never trimmed them before and wondering how I go about doing it? Do I have to take all my plants out ? Do I just pull them apart? Do I use scissors ? Are there certain plants I shouldn't trim ? Any help would be appreciated ! IMG_7524.jpg

All would be very similar to trimming plants in a yard/garden but in miniature.

You can do either with stems. Trim tops and replant or separate. They get leggy in the bottom area where the tops and density of the stems shade them.

When originally planting the stems from the bunch they come in they should be planted separately, individually, for better growth to help allow the light to get down between them. (Kinda like if you had a bunch of onion starts from the store in a bundle and if you just planted them in one hole you wouldn't get good growth and a good harvest.)

As for the other kinds of plants which multiply in place you can see where bunches of growth are, the rosettes of growth, like in the Amazon Sword, each Rosette can be another plant, or at least moved away from the main plant.

Placement in odd number offset patterns...

Had to edit out the pattern because it didn't come out right!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom