Here it is....my new 46 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happygirl65

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, here is it, the 46 gal is up and running.

It is still cloudy as I just filled it last night but it is now planted.

I ended up with 2.5 wpg and will be adding pressurized CO2 in a few days.

Yeah! Hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be ready for fish. :)

Oh yes....meant to also say, a big....
THANK YOU....to all who contributed plants for this new addition. You know who you are 8)

Looks great! Keep the light to reasonable levels until you get the CO2 up and running (I wouldn't go much over 4-5hrs per day). I'd hate for you to get an algae outbreak right before getting the pressurized set up.

Thank you! :)

I got the regulator today and it is now all set up and running! Yeah!

A couple of the plants are pearling already.....happy tear :lol:

What would be a good photo period for this set up?

Suggestions welcome.

Standard photoperiod is between 8-12 hours. Aim towards the longer end for faster growth and the shorter end for maintenance and/or algae control.

We had so much fun collecting the rocks. My family went on a camping trip and we spent hours by the river looking at all kinds of really neat rocks. Now each of my kids love to stare into the tank and remember where and when we got them. (Of course I did all the necessary testing to make sure they would be safe) but it is amazing how unique they all are. Especially by the river the come from everywhere! :) And it is nice that they are all smooth after traveling in the river.

Hi...just wanted to say your tank looks really great. Please keep us updated as time goes on. I would like to see more pics!

Very pretty, love the different levels you've created with the substrate and rocks. Nice work :)

Back
Top Bottom