Hi-light CO2 tank fert dosing recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mordachai

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking for advice on dosing my plants in a 55g high lighted CO2 injected tank.

Links to something I should read to educate myself welcome. :)

There are two good choices, El or PPS-Pro. I dose PPS-Pro as it allows me to custom dose to the needs of my tanks. Since I use a lot of non green plants and have very high lighting (metal halides & T5HO's) in my 220g I run low nitrate (10ppm) and high phosphate (5-10ppm) to bring out the best color in my non green plants. Here's a link if you want to check out the color I achieve in my tanks.... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Albums.

Here's a good thread to read about PPS-Pro dosing. Only read the opening post not all the comments after.... Newbie Guide to PPS-Pro - PPS Analysis and Feedback - Aquatic Plant Central. The only thing I do different than what it says is that I use 3 dosing bottles and separate my nitrates into their own bottle, phosphates and potassium into another bottle, and the micro's in the 3rd bottle. The recipe also calls for using MgSO4, magnesium, which if your GH is 4 or above or you have hard tap water you really don't need to use it in the mix.

Here is the fert package I use.... Estimative Index | Aquarium Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums.

Here's the dosing bottles at the bottom of this page... Aquarium Plant Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums.

I don't have any good links for El dosing but it's basically overdosing all ferts so plants always have all the ferts they need available.

Back
Top Bottom