hiding spraybar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrek_vn2002

Aquarium Advice Activist
how do you deal with the spraybar outlet from a filter? I cant stand seeing this ugly black bar. I saw lots of becautiful pics and dont see the spraybars. Do they take it out to take pic?
Here is my pic with the spraybar

p2ov8.jpg

Some peopel do take out equipment for photos, I know I use to but then became to lazy :D.

You do have a pretty thick area to the left there you could hide it behind or do what other people do and take it out.

hehe... I think it's a lot of work to take it out and then put it back... :)
ok.. i will move it to left.
Thanks

All equipment is typically moved in planted scape pics.... well, the ones you see in competitions and such anyhow.

place a black background on the tank, and paint the intake black too. Then, it's nearly invisible (not completely, but much better)

Not a spray bar, but I used to hide my return plumbing with Hydrocotyle species, which while being really vine-y, also has the plants far enough from the stem to not limit flow assuming you trim it.

Most aquascapers remove their equipment for competition pics, and you'll find some judges (AGA's Randall, for example) complain about seeing equipment in competitions.

I think the coolest and most impressive tanks are pictured in their regular running state and should be that way for competition, but I am no aquascaper, just a guy who likes pics of people's tanks :)

Back
Top Bottom