high lite 10gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, i found a nice led light that will fit a 10gal and is made for corals thank you

so i didi some more reserch on the light i wana get and here are the specs it puts out 130par/12,700lux @12in depth. there are 18 1watt white led's and 6 blue led's the white led's are 10,000K and the blue led's are 460nm.

i have no clue what any of these numbers mean. im hoping that someone will and have a way of translating that into somthing i can understand lol

Can you link to the light? I've never seen a fixture sold with a PAR rating.

PAR stands for "Photosynthetically Available Radiation". It's really the metric we should use for rating light levels, but it's hard because a PAR meter is expensive. I'm not well versed in PAR numbers because they're so rarely used in reference to freshwater tanks. Triple digit PAR numbers at the bottom of the tank should definitely put you in the high-light region.

Here's a picture with LED PAR numbers from a SW thread I read while researching LEDS:
img_1275596_0_3fa6563799d2b80216e0f7c67951c0ef.jpg

The link is in the LED thread in my signature.

The 10,000K is the color temperature. Higher numbers are more blue. The 460nm is the wavelength of the blue light.

i dont realy know how to link it lol. the light i want to buy is on pet mountain's website under marineland reef led light with lunar. thats where i got the 10,000k and 460nm nunbers the par and lux numbers i got from the smaller model with a third the lights i seen on amazon.

i would love to do a DIY led light but i dont know much at all when it comes to electric that isnt simple 12v

thanks for the input very interesting

got my new light put on the tank looks good and the plants started putting off air bubbles within an hour of turning on the light, the leaves on the 1 plant started raising towards the light.

but atfer doing a pwc and rescaping on friday afternood before leaving to go to my girlfreinds. my tank developed a small leak that wouldnt stop. i couldnt find any water on the glass so i think it was coming up from the bottom. after i drained the tank to about half full the leak stopped, so i went to walmart and bought a new 10gal tank.

i wanted to paint the background black on the other1 so i figured it was a good time to spray the back glass nice a pritty black. it only took about 2 1/2hours to transfer all the sand, plants, and the shrimp to the new tank.

looks good and im realy glad i painted the background looks 10times better than the black plastic background.

here are some pics of the new setup. what do you think

Attachments

• 10gal led.jpg
    10gal led.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 51
  • 10gal led blue.jpg
    10gal led blue.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 53
Looks good. Is the water dusty from the substrate transfer or is that green water or a bacteria bloom?

i think it was dusty. its clear as can be now and looks good. that and its a cell phone pic, mine dosnt take good pic and i dont have anything else to take pics

Back
Top Bottom