High Tech 5 Gal, lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm considering setting up my empty 5 gallon, probably a shrimp only tank, and I would like to go high tech with it. I have a pressurized CO2 system and will be doing ferts but my question is what lights to use for a 5 gal? I like the LED concept as they are "neat and tidy" looking and can provide enough like to go high tech. Finnex makes some 16" fixtures, Ray2 and Fugeray are the ones catching my eye. Are there any other 16" fixtures that will allow me to grow plants such as HC? what substrate would you guys recommend also? ADA aqua soil is a little out of my price range so I was thinking fluorite black sand or fluval stratum shrimp mix.

So I think the best 16" led fixture would be the finnex brand and for the substrate I have fluval stratum in my shrimp tank and it is so light weight that I can't imagine it holding down hc. Eco complete makes this fine grained substrate that is awesome it is black and is not quite as fine as sand but not as big as gravel if you get what I am sayin.

I also have the finnex ray 2 16 inch on my 5.5 gallon tank. It packs a lot of light and can be for a high-light plant setup. On the box it says that the light is around 10,000 K. :)

Back
Top Bottom