hmm fluorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
i was thinking about buying a bag a spreading it throughout my tanks, or just putting it around my plants. ive seen pictures, and the bag at petland. the bag just looks like lil pieces of clay and the pics look like pieces of gravel. when you wash it will it look like the gravel, or will it still look like clay?

Its fired red clay.. and I personaly would want it under my substrate if I was going to use it, I would put it in before I put water in the tank. JMHO though.. It clouds up the water like made if its exposed. not to mention you can "wash" it over and over its still going to give you a red cloud for from what others have posted nearly a week.. HTH

and 'sprinkling' around the tanks would be useless. If you're not using at least 50% of your substarate as flourite, its too diluted and just a waste of time and money.

you could put plants in pots with flourite and reap the benefits without having to change out your whole substrate. I'm not a fan of this look because it's un-natural looking, but its your tank and if it doesn't bother you, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom