Holes in leaves ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're def rocking a full med light tank.. you should be dosing the glut like sk3lly said.. you will not need and more plants after you get the package.. i had way more than I thought..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I found a PAR calculator and I do fall in the high light range.
I'm putting them on a timer tomorrow. And I'll be ordering the pps pack I think. I also found some good info on calculating my dosing.

Brookster, knowing your package is coming is why I didn't buy so much more at the shop I found today. ;).

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Here's a shot with the updated lights and you can see the fire moss patch at the far end. I'm going to find something to attach it to.
(My glass needs cleaning. ;)
And the floating plants I got.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405230010.661130.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405230019.081275.jpg

Nice Tracie! Looks like your going to be well on your way to a great looking tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This may have already been discussed.. are you using excel currently? Have you looked into metricide 14?

I'll keep poking around. There's a lot to read!
A lot has changed since my last tank! ;)
I'm definitely going to do a DIY co2. Got to order the diffuser.
I'm a bit confused by all the dosing stuff. Gonna figure that out today.
Thanks guys!!!

It really is easy honestly. Just ask if you get stuck though

Thanks! I just found the 3 best articles. I think I got it.
Found a DIY I can do with everything I have pretty much. And found a good article in the ferts. ;)

Gonna be a pro soon. Haha ;)

Now your getting there! You'll be amazed at what you'll be able to create now compared to how you started.

I know when i look back at my tank pics of when i started up until now, im stunned

I do have a question.
If imposing with the ferts like green leaf do I still use excel/co2 booster

And can I get something like green leaf at petsmart or am I ordering that online. Is there a cheap option for those I can use since this expense wasn't in the budget this month ?

Thanks!!!

I do have a question.
If imposing with the ferts like green leaf do I still use excel/co2 booster

And can I get something like green leaf at petsmart or am I ordering that online. Is there a cheap option for those I can use since this expense wasn't in the budget this month ?

Thanks!!!

With dry ferts you will still need a carbon source (glut, excel, co2 booster).
They dry ferts are only available online from what I understand.
You might find it cheaper if you can find a source of the same compounds elsewhere. Sometime of chemical supplier of sorts. Idk. The green leaf ferts are relatively inexpensive when you consider how long they will last. Since it is prepackaged it takes the guess work out of the compounds and amounts.

Got it. I was in petsmart and saw they had nothing. I'll keep dosing the carbon source then.

I need to get my nitrates up so I guess I'll order the pps-pro. ;)

I got the stuff for the co2 ;)

Yipeeeeeee

Heating q. My water stays a constant 75 without any heating. Am I good without a heater? I have one but haven't felt I needed it.
;)

Depends on your fish choices really, plants don't mind that temp...certain fish might

That's what I thought. I just have puffers and they are happy at 75.

Cool

I'm about to go get a little mini for my beta. Hahaha
Imma put some kind of ground cover in that tank. That's all
If I'm not mistaken a hearty moss would do fine in the low light with little to no ferts. Maybe some carbon.
?

Your new java moss will.just grow no.matter what. .

I'm sending you some staur repens too, get a carpet going under that new light haha

This is the tank I'm looking at

Seriously cheap. I might go up to a 50$ style but my husband might choke me. Lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405288936.284215.jpg

Back
Top Bottom