Honest opinons of scape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rain87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just finished adding a bunch of plants I got from JustOneMore20 and would like some advice/critisim on my aquascape and how to improve it based on what I have in the tank. I hope to add stuff later and I don't have much fish in right now. Also this next week I will be putting a black background on the tank. Not great pics but here goes.

PS Sorry about the water spots just finished PWC and planting before taking pics.

Edit: I have a black thermometer on there now that is not draped through the plants.

Thanks I hope to add more plants in the future but as my sig says I am adding things slowly both fish and plants. What would you recommend I add?

Oh also that anubias on the right on the rock is going to be moved to my ten gallon unless someone suggests a good spot for it.

I have 2 54w T5HO's and I don't have any CO2 and as of right now don't plan on it. So far no ferts but I will be getting some liquid ferts and root tabs next week when I get paid.

I like the idea of a moss wall too! What is the best method(s) of starting one?

I never used ferts or anything in my tanks, and my plants were fine, just throwing that out there. ;)

With my moss, I just found a granite rock, fit in my palm, tucked one end of the moss under it, and let it do whatever it wanted. I also had some that attached to some silk plants that I used as a corner surface cover for the fish to hide out.

Thanks that doesn't really apply to a good method of creating a moss wall though. I wasn't planning on adding frets but have been advised too since my lights are high enough my anubais is suffering and I just added a bunch more plants and want them to do well!

dosing ferts isn't always necessary because there are a certain amount of macros/micros already present in the tank.

If you plan to do any serious plant growth though it's a good idea to get a dosing routine figured out. Co2 is just as important, but can be achieved with liquid carbon supplements or diy co2. A tank can do just fine without it, though.

@hubert90 java moss will attach itself to anything it can.

It's a good start. The background is begging for a nice bunch of stem plants. Other than that, it'll just take time for the plants to grow up and fill in.

I would put both driftwood cluster together into one structure and move it so that the middle of the structure is right where the filter intake goes. I would also slope the substrate so that the back is higher than the front.

Ferts and co2 would be necessary with high lights like those. Otherwise cut the light interval down to 5 hours of so.

Back
Top Bottom