Hopefully super easy 8g anubias paradise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had all these anubias with no place to go since my ten gallon sprung a leak. I took my old aqueon 8 gallon evolve, pool filter sand, lava rock and an old t8 fixture with a new daylight bulb, threw it all together and this is what I got. I'm wondering how often to fertilize and if this will setup will actually survive or thrive maybe? The anubias does have some algae on it from the old setup. Hoping it will go away with time and my excel dosing. Thoughts and constructive criticism welcome, thanks guys!

Attachments

• image-268217834.jpg
    image-268217834.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image-522940964.jpg
    image-522940964.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 77
Dang! I love that scape! You did a fine job! It looks really natural! You can probably get by with just the suggested dosing for comprehensive and excel for anubias. I like to overdose excel a little bit, just to help keep algae at bay. You can spot treat any existing algae with excel and a syringe, just leave the filter off for a few minutes after you spot treat. Seriously, looks great, post some pictures for us when the water clears up! (y)

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words! 24 hours later, the water has cleared up. Only time will tell how the setup goes. I'll have to remind myself that this isn't a stem plant tank.

Attachments

• image-4102151186.jpg
    image-4102151186.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 66
Cool concept, looks a lot nicer now that the tanks all cleared up. Going to be so cool when everything grows in. When my anubias nana petite grows more I plan to cut it up tie it to rocks and have a small carpet of it in one of my 8gals, should look neat.

Back
Top Bottom