hornwort vs guppy grass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt_Cod

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wondering what peoples preference is? I have a community guppy / endler tank no breeding net just plants and other hiding places for fry

I myself have guppy grass mainly because I like the look of it more but thinking about floating some hornwort ��

I've had good luck mixing both. The hornwort grows in between the gaps in the guppy grass and provides more hiding places.

Guppy grass grows pretty fast but does not have the dense cover of hornwort. However, if the latter takes a turn for the worse, it's can rain needles like a Christmas tree in February.
Never thought of growing them together; sounds like a great combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So, if adding both to the tank, what do you suggest, so that it keeps growing? Placing into the substrate or fixing it to a rock? Or, allowing it to float (like I want to use it primarily?)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

good thing about hornwort is that it dont root you can keep it floating and it will grow beyond belief

tho fresh says it right if you dont keep it looking green and fresh the moment it starts to turn yellow its raining needles and fishes will end up trying to eat it thinking its a worms
tho it will end up melting to a point that its edible but if you have shrimp they would love it due to the fact their offspring will end up hiding in it for a temp moment..

i ended up having hornwort and javamoss growing together to keep fry safe and a breeding place for my white clouds

Back
Top Bottom