how do i care for these plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best method would be to take them out of your tank, and stick them in a pot on the window sill. Those are not aquatic plants ;)

but i got the as an aquatic plant so i think they belong in the fish tank cuz my friend has them also and ive had them in my guppy tank for ever but now there in the cichlid tank and im not sure how to care for them

Well, they are not aquatic. I am 100% sure. They will survive a few months underwater, but they won't grow. They will eventually die.

Yes, potted on the window is the best route to take... Let me guess, a tube from the local chain store? Or were they actually in a tank? Either way, they'll slowly die.

mfdrookie516 said:
Yes, potted on the window is the best route to take... Let me guess, a tube from the local chain store? Or were they actually in a tank? Either way, they'll slowly die.

no actually ive had them for a while and they were inna tank

Well regardless... They are not an aquatic species of plant. It won't hurt to leave them in until they die, but there is nothing you need to do for them. They will stay green for several months.

Yup the others are correct. I bought some at LFS and did not do well except for the one that stuck above the water line. All died a slow yellow sad death.

Back
Top Bottom