How do I plant this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Millerman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a narrow leaf Java fern from petco in one of those tubes, after opening it up it was wrapped in some thread. I unwound the tread but appears they are just leaves with no rhizome. I'm confused what I'm supposed to do and if this will even grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Uh ya sorry man but those are just leaves keep the one with the tiny thing on it but the rest are already diying

Well that sucks, they better let me return or at least exchange them.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417320082.970977.jpg
Does this one have any chance of surviving

I bought some bulbs that all floated also?

Yeah I know the chain stores are bad but where live I don't have very many local stores and they few ones around are very overpriced. Do you have any experience ordering plants?

Some online sites I've used include:
Peabodys Paradise
AquariumPlants.com
PlantedAquariumsCentral.com

I would not write off PetSmart as a source of live plants. The Topfin tissue culture plants in the gel packs are pretty decent. Those come in the cellophane wrapper and NOT the plastic tube. The latter sometimes contains semi and non aquatic plants. Three of the plants I currently have in my tank are from the gel packs from PetSmart.

Can plants survive just regular ground shipping for about a week or would they have to be next day shipping. It cost a fortune to ship to where I live and it's not even worth it, after some research.

Idk. I'm thinking ground shipping should be okay IMO except if there is a chance that the package will freeze. Some plants ship better than others.
Check the AA classified section. Most folks ship on Monday for a Wednesday or Thursday delivery.

Thanks, good to know I just have trouble finding some of the more uncommon plant species locally.

Back
Top Bottom