How do you aquascape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally, I think it would be right nice in the midst of all the stem plants on the far right hand side. Still gives you that great triangle shape to the layout, and a little more interest to balance out the rock.

Here's design #2

Attachments

• plan 2 001.jpg
    plan 2 001.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 94
  • plan 2 002.jpg
    plan 2 002.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 96
  • plan 2 003.jpg
    plan 2 003.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 106
  • plan 2 004.jpg
    plan 2 004.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 106
I like the 1st too. Definitely more to look at and easier on the eye. Waiting for the 3rd!

Like it. Think I would put something tall in left hand corner but keep the rest of the levels as they are. Also bring the wood out so it's slightly more noticable. I'm thinking they'll get buried as everything grows. Love the plant growing on it. I must do that! All of your designs have some really nice features.

Thanks. I think I might put a peace lily in the left? Or maybe some more anacharis. Maybe an artificial red ludwigia? I don't know yet. And I'll probably move the wood out, too. But most everything will look exactly as in the picture because I'll constantly trim it and move the cuttings to my krib community.

Oh, thanks. Someone suggested adding a tall plant in the left, though. Should I? If so, what? I have a few spare artificial bushy plants and some fake red ludwigia.

Would it be possible to set up thi aquarium and let it run for about a month or 7 without a light at all? (except some natural sunlight and 2 small 15 watt hoods)

It will look good whatever you do. When are you planning on starting?

I don't know. My 55 gallon was a hand me down, so now my cousin said he had a hood for it, too. But he lives a long way from here, and he won't be coming down here anytime soon. So I'm trying to see ifI can setup this lowlight aquarium without a hood. If so, then it'll be up as soon as I get some sand so I can move my kribs.

Back
Top Bottom