how does this sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richpowell1989

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 46 gallon with 2 rams 1 bristlenose pleco 3 siamise algae eaters 4 dwarf rainbows

I want a boesmani rainbow would this be ok?

richpowell1989 said:
I have a 46 gallon with 2 rams 1 bristlenose pleco 3 siamise algae eaters 4 dwarf rainbows

I want a boesmani rainbow would this be ok?

Well rainbows need schools, and boesmani's get pretty big plus the school. I recommend bumping up the dwarf rainbow school!

Gboy66 said:
Well rainbows need schools, and boesmani's get pretty big plus the school. I recommend bumping up the dwarf rainbow school!

I thought they get like 6 inches? I might be wrong tho, I just wanted a different rainbow to mix it up a bit and I did my research from what I have red it would be fine ?

richpowell1989 said:
I thought they get like 6 inches? I might be wrong tho, I just wanted a different rainbow to mix it up a bit and I did my research from what I have red it would be fine ?

No, they get 4-5". The problem wouldnt be getting 1 at all, but these guys like buddies and 5 5" fish wouldnt do well i a 46 imo

Gboy66 said:
No, they get 4-5". The problem wouldnt be getting 1 at all, but these guys like buddies and 5 5" fish wouldnt do well i a 46 imo

Are you on about the dwarf rainbows? Because the dwarf rainbow ( pretty sure they are actually neon rainbows though) only get to 2.5 inches maybe 3 at a push I have had mine for a year now and every were I look it says they only get that big aswell?

richpowell1989 said:
Are you on about the dwarf rainbows? Because the dwarf rainbow ( pretty sure they are actually neon rainbows though) only get to 2.5 inches maybe 3 at a push I have had mine for a year now and every were I look it says they only get that big aswell?

Oh no, the dwarf are fine. Im talking about the boesmani's

Gboy66 said:
Oh no, the dwarf are fine. Im talking about the boesmani's

I was getting confused :) I wasn't planning on keeping more than one boesmani I got told by a few people they would be fine just with my dwarfs?

Back
Top Bottom