How many planted pluses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting 1 finnex planted plus on my 75 gallon. This will put me in medium light right? If not I have a single bright led from marineland to support it too.

Low/med... a good jump off..the marineland will add to brightness but not all that much to par. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Low/med... a good jump off..the marineland will add to brightness but not all that much to par. .

Thanks, I knew the planted plus guru would come! (y) This would be enough for an amazon sword, right? Because mine wasn't making it with the marineland and root tabs.

Oh yeah.. plenty.. maybe even too much.. start with a split photo period until you get a feel for the light. The single bright is pretty much as low as leds go. Are you dosing a liquid carbon?

Oh yeah.. plenty.. maybe even too much.. start with a split photo period until you get a feel for the light. The single bright is pretty much as low as leds go. Are you dosing a liquid carbon?

Not right now, I am giving my root feeders API root tabs

May want to get some.. algae happens faster with more light. What other plants in the tank?

Right now it is near empty. There are about 20 vallisneria contortionist plants that are always making runners, a crypt wendtii, and Anubias and java fern on driftwood.

May want to suspend the light a little higher until it fills in with plant mass. It should be fine though with a split photo period. Just keep a close eye. Watch for algae on the slow growers first. Crypts will take a beating if left untreated. Also consider upping your root tab game? What's the substrate? Liquid or dry ferts?

I go to school at 7:15 could I turn the light off right after school until I plant the tank more? Putting me at about 8 hrs 30 min?

Get yourself a digital timer from home depot.. have the tank come on for a hour in the morning so you can enjoy and than off.. back on from 3-8:30/9pm.. no sense in having it lit up while you're away all day?

Get yourself a digital timer from home depot.. have the tank come on for a hour in the morning so you can enjoy and than off.. back on from 3-8:30/9pm.. no sense in having it lit up while you're away all day?

How do those go on the light? Do they press the button to turn it on/of, or how does that work?

It's a digital timer that the light plugs into, it has 14 programmable on/off settings.. set it and forget it. I highly recommend it. Leaving the light on by accident a few too many times will be bad news bears..

Hit me up for some trimmings..

Rotala rotundifolia and walichi, pogo erectus, bacopa coralina, ludwiga repens and red.. just a few.. check out my threads to see the rest if you'd like.

I looked at some threads, you have good prices and a good variety. So consider it done. After I get the light, I will buy a plant package.

Back
Top Bottom