How much is too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktomminello

Aquarium Advice Addict
Quick opinion on my tank, sounds overpopulated, but looks so empty... SEA style fully planted (including Christmas moss live back drop) 50g custom. Specs- CO2 injected, Seachem flourish tabs, API root tabs, sand and ecocomplete over laterite. Ferts used are API leaf zone, seachem flourish- also trace elements and iron. Ph- 6.8, 0 ammo, approx 0 trites, trAtes kept in check. Blackwater extract used. This tank is growing into the start of my 150g biotope palladium (starting cycling tomorrow). Water temp is 77F, lights are VHO led equaling max-7/g min-.5/g many hiding spaces with 0 light exposure, lights simulate rising and setting of the sun- 10 hours from rise to set. Here's my current stocklist-

Plants
Bolbitis
Bamboo
Scarlet temple
Hygrophila compacta sp variety
Mondo grass
Java moss
Java fern
Crypt W assorted varieties
Microsword
Dwarf hair grass
Flame moss
Christmas tree moss
Anubias assorted variety
Lotus- red, green
Dwarf lilies
Ludwiga repens
Narrow leaf ludwiga
Banana plants
Water sprite
Duck weed
Cardamine
Apongeton
Water onion
Assorted vals
Peace lilies
Dracaeana
Echinodorus
Rotella asst varieties
Purple waffle
Purple Myrio

Fish
7 harlequin bora (want 14-20)
5 green tiger barbs (want to add 5 reg)
5 diamond tetra
4 oto cat (want 10)
2 male betta (yea yea lol)
2 male paradise gourami
1 female 6 1/2 inch three spot gourami
1 clown loach (want to add 2 more plus 2 yo yo, 5 dwarf chain and 3 kuhli.)

Yes, I am very well aware of my tank 'incompatibility', but feel free to throw your thoughts on it at me, my tank is so heavily planted they have only seen each other a few times, and they don't care about each other, the gourami either, they actually school together in the shadowy part of my floating banana plants and clumps of water sprite watching out for my playful clown loach who seems to want to school with everybody in the tank- is it too much to hope for loach wise in a 150g- 5 dwarf chain, 3 clown, 3 Kuhli and 2 yo yo?

Please help me upgrade from 50g to 150g- am looking for suggestions on plants and fish, I have lots of open tanks right now so any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated in advance for this 150g project.... After battling with the fine tuning on my extremely impossible 50g and Dutch inspired fluval spec 5 I need some outside the box ideas on what to do with this SE Asian 150g!! Pretty please and thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom