How much plant stock before co2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NATFT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 200L planted tank. My plants seem fine with the ferts that they are on. But, how much would they benefit with co2.
Will they just start to wilt over time without co2? The tank is only 3 months old.

image-1966347992.jpg

In the tank I have java moss, Anubis barteri, Alternanthera reineckii, giant val, sagittaria subulata and what I think is limnobium laevigiatum.
Pic of tank for reference:

I think they would benefit. It would make them grow insanely and full out you aquarium more

The plants look healthy from what I can see. CO2 will benefit your plants by aiding in photosynthesis and growth. You don't have a lot of plants and since they appear to be doing well at this point IMO you don't need it. But it will be fine if you want to add it. Remember tho that when using CO2 your plants are also going to need more ferts also.

Ok, thanks everyone.
Just out of curiosity I was looking at DIY co2 kits on YouTube... Are these unreliable? They look dangerous? But some people swear buy them.

I've never used one but they are very popular in smaller tanks for those who don't want to spend the money on pressurized CO2. They aren't dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom