How much powder for diatom XL?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7Enigma

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have seen it discussed before (possibly in one of my own threads), but after 45min of searching I cannot find the post. I seem to remember a recommendation to use LESS than the 3 cups the company recommends for the XL model. LWB, I think it might have been you, but cannot remember exactly.

When I used the pouch that came with the filter I never was really able to get the whole pouch (I'm assuming it was the 3 cups recommended) to get stuck to the filter. I stopped while there was still some on the bottom of my bucket I was using to charge.

Something like 2.5 or 2.0 cups might be better, but I don't want to make the mistake of before and use too little (then it really doesn't filter at all).

Thanks in advance!

I use 3 cups myself.

I don't pour it in all at once either, just a little at a time, as the filter is running. Then, once the water in the bucket is clear, I submerge the bucket in the tank and remove the tubes from the bucket. When the water is clear, if there's anything in the bottom, I stir it up so it all get's taken into the filter.

Back
Top Bottom